Since 1872 : Keller-Dorian Graphics is an expert in manufacturing engraved rollers
Over more than a century, from modest workshop specialised in textile to todays industrial efficiency. An evolution of essential steps :
- 1872 : M. Keller-Dorian set up a workshop for engraving rollers at 19 rue St Eusèbe in Lyon, France. The company works for textile and paper industries.
- 1892 : First roller engraved for water marking cigarette paper.
- 1924 : Creation of an "applicator department".
- 1932 : To face a fast growing business, a new plant is built at 10bis, rue Saint-Eusèbe in Lyon, France.
- 1940 : Keller-Dorian Graphics keep on developing its embossing activities for figured glass and plastics markets.
- 1955 : Embossing markets expand quickly and the company become involved in a new engraving market : photoengraving. Keller-Dorian Graphics staff now numbered 150 people.
- 1961 : First roller chromeplated by Keller-Dorian Graphics.
- 1969 : In order to ensure its supply for rollers bodies, Keller-Dorian Graphics buys over the Goyot company in Bellegarde.
- 1977 : First 4m roller engraved for the floorcovering industry.
- 1981 : "Revolution" in the gravure printing market : birth of electro-mechanical engraving.
- 1987 : First laser engraved roller in asociation with the CNRS metal department.
- 2001 : Huge investments in new technologies - Laser "Yag" - Mechanical lathe (4 meters) - Proofing machines (suitable for 4 meters rollers).
- 2003 : Keller-Dorian turns into Keller-Dorian Graphics.
- 2004 : A new production plant is created nearby Lyon, France.
- 2005 : Investment in a new system of numerical frame grabbing.